Here are the problems faced with public EV Charging
1. Limited access to public EV charging stations: In many areas, public EV charging stations might not be easily accessible. This can be difficult for drivers who don’t live in major metropolitan areas, where they may have to travel miles to locate available charging options.
2. Inadequate supply of public charging stations: Another challenge with public EV charging is the limited number of public EV charging stations relative to the growing number of electric vehicles on the road. This means there can be long lines to charge, which can be a hindrance to electric vehicle owners.
3. Cost of public charging stations: It can be expensive to install public EV charging stations, something that can be prohibitive to businesses who would otherwise be interested in providing public charging.
4. Varying types of plugs: EVs, like regular gasoline cars, use different types of plugs. To charge an EV, you must have the right type of EV Charging station that is compatible with the type of plug used by the car. Installing public charging stations with a variety of plugs can be costly and time-consuming.
5. Inconsistent/costly pricing: Charging fees at public EV charging stations can vary widely, depending on where you are located and can be prohibitively expensive. This can be an obstacle for those who cannot afford to pay high charges to charge their cars.
Electric Vehicle Charging Station Locations in the United States
Find Electric Vehicle Charging Stations In The United States.